Deposit - $100 Non Refundable & Non Transferable under any circumstances.
- 1 reschedule is allowed with at least 2 days notice.
- If you do not give at least 2 days notice then you will lose your deposit. It will then be up to Melanie's discretion if you will be re - booked & if so full payment will be required.
- This applies to all Powder Brows Treatments.
*Late to your appointment....
- If your 15mins or more late to your appointment your appointment will be rescheduled and a new deposit applies.
- Please be respectful & make contact if you cant make it.
- No shows will not be rescheduled.
*Your appointment needs to be your main priority. Please only book in you can definitely make both appointments.
Where are you located?
Tauranga & Rotorua on a Thursday
Is Cosmetic Tattooing the same as Permanent Makeup?
Is Permanent Makeup suitable for me?
Unfortunately Permanent Makeup isn't suitable for everyone. The following are contraindications to the treatment there for can not be performed.
- Under 18
- Breast feeding
- Certain medications
- Bleeding disorders
- Blood Thinners
- Keloid scaring
- Allergic to hair dye / tattoo ink / brow tint
- Cancer / chemo / radiation / hormonal therapy
- Active cold sore
- Autoimmune disease
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Broken capillaries in the brow area
- Consumed alcohol or drugs in the last 24 hours
Relative Contraindications - Generally ok to proceed but can effect end results.
- Diabetes | depends on severity
- High blood pressure | If taking aspirin you must stop for 7 days / check with dr
- Hormone replacement
- Hyperthyroidism / hypothyroidism
- Botox | wait 4 weeks | ideally get brows done first
- Accutane / isotretinoin | must be off for at least 6 months
- Moles | can not be worked over top but can be done around it
- Sun spots / age spots in brow area must be checked my a dr
Are there any instructions I need to follow prior to my appointment?
Yes, NO drugs or alcohol 24hrs before. On the day NO coffee / tea / energy drinks (caffeine)
Does it hurt?
There is minimal to no pain due to numbing through out the service.
Do I have to get a Touch Up?
Yes. Permanent Makeup is a 2 part process. This is required 4-6 weeks later & must be done in this time frame so please make sure you have allowed time for this before you book in. In a Touch Up more colour is implanted & any imperfections are fixed or colour can be adjusted if it needs to be. In some rare cases a 3rd may be needed.
Can I go to work straight after my procedure?
Yes you sure can. Generally there is no redness at all but they will feel a little tender. Most clients tend to book in for first thing in the morning & go to work afterwards. Please make sure you have allowed enough time.
Do I have aftercare to follow?
You will be given an aftercare bag with everything you need to look after your brows with instructions as well as the following to follow.
10 DAYS - Must keep brows dry at all times! No exercise including yoga / walking! No makeup on them or near them! No lash extension application, No hot showers / spas. FIRST 30 DAYS - No sun exposure you must wear a hat, No swimming, No spray tans, No brow waxing / tinting, No facial treatments.
How do I look after them & what happens through out the healing process?
You will be given an aftercare pack explaining how to look after your brows & what to expect with healing. You will also receive aftercare products to look after them. You must follow the aftercare correctly to achieve the best possible healed results.
For the first 2-3 days your brows will look great & slightly darken over this time. Generally between days 5-7 they will start to get very dry & flaky. Rarely some people find they get quite scabby, every ones different. Over the next week or 2 they tend to look quite light as they are still healing under the skin. Through out this time they tend to get itchy too. By week 4 your brows will be healed & your colour would of resurfaced. Do not touch, pick or scratch your brows through out healing! If you do this will effect your end result!
How long do they last?
Permanent Makeup is permanent & will not wash off, how ever it will fade over time. Medications / hormones / skin quality / aftercare & lifestyle all effect how long it will last.
A Colour Boost is required to maintain them & keep them looking their best every 12-18 months, this is at a reduced price if you are a previous client